The GameWise site is divided into two sections:
1. Educator Pages, (general audience – personal information may be gathered such as order details etc.)
2. Game Pages (student audience including minors – no personal information gathered.)
GameWise is a suite of game-based learning products directed to Educators for use with students, who may be minors. While the GameWise site as a whole is directed towards educators, Minors may use the Game Pages of the site where a responsible adult Educator has given them access (usually via a game code). Parents and legal guardians who are homeschooling may also use the product as Educators.
A Game Page is a page that students (including minors can use) and no Personal Information will be gathered. A “game page” is a page that starts with one of the following urls:
Our collection of Personal Information from Children
We do not knowingly seek or collect Personal Information from users under the age of 13 (for U.S. users) or 16 (for non-U.S. users). If we find that we have accidentally gathered Personal Information from users under the age of 13 (for U.S. users) or 16 (for non-U.S. users), we will promptly delete it from our records.
We do not collect any Personal Information from a person who simply plays an educational game on the site.
This means that no Personal Information is gathered when a student accesses one of the game pages through their adult teacher’s class link.
In contrast, as described in more detail below, we may collect, use and disclose Personal Information from adult educators. An “adult educator” is a user who is over 16 years old.
When is Personal Information collected?
Personal information is collected from adult educators who use the GameWise site (pages OTHER than the game pages) as a necessary part of fulfilling orders and improving educational services for educators. If we determine we have accidentally gathered Personal Information from users under the age of 13 (for U.S. users) or 16 (for non-U.S. users), we will promptly delete any and all such Personal Information from our records.
What is Personal Information?
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.” We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase, or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we may collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, PayPal email etc.), email address, and phone number. We may also store information about what GameWise products you have purchased and/or have access to so that you can access resources appropriately. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
Futhermore, if an adult educator creates a GameWise account through the Site, we may collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, PayPal email etc.), email address, and phone number. We may also store information about what GameWise products you have purchased and/or have access to. We refer to this information as “Account Information.”
If you sign up for our mailing list we will naturally collect the email address you provide.
Device information / Order information / Account information = Personal Information
How we use Adult Educator’s Personal Information
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders adult educators place through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications and/or to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information with the following third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
- WooCommerce – we use the WooCommerce plugin to power our online store–you can read more about how WooCommerce uses your Personal Information here: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/marketplace-privacy/.
- Google Analytics – We may also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Prefinery – a referral/email tool. We use this tool to give referrers rewards and track their referral progress as well as add email addresses to our Mailchimp Mailing list (via Zapier). You can unsubscribe from any referral campaign that you have signed up for by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any referral email
- Zapier – we use Zapier to collect signups from Prefinery and add them to our Mailchimp email list/s
- Mailchimp- an email collection tool. We use this tool to collect email addresses and add thesesemail addresses to our Mailchimp Mailing list. You can unsubscribe from any referral campaign that you have signed up for by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any referral email
- Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we may use Personal Information to provide subscribers and account holders with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising at the following links:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.